Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday 12 March 2014

Angel's First Cosplay - Ciel Phantomhive from Kuroshitsuji ( Black Butler )


Whenever somebody sees me  all dressed up in weird  They would say that I'm  whether it's  some sort of Deco-mail pictograms EnglishDeco-mail pictograms EnglishDeco-mail pictograms English event or just out looking simple in my normal  coords image Really  people, just  I don't Cosplay  what I do is not at all even close to itimage 



I look like an animal ( Leopard ) but I'm not Cosplaying.
I drew on a monster's mouth but I'm still not Cosplaying.
I'm trying out Minori's eye makeup but It's not Cosplay.
Get your facts straight, I'm in Decora, so not Cosplay.
I look creepy in general but I'm not at all Cosplaying.



I have pointy lashes but this isn't Cosplaying.
I'm wearing high twin tails but it's not Cosplay.
I have a blonde wig but it's not close to Cosplay.
Darker makeup, lighter hair colour, not Cosplay.
Bunny theme and big eyes makeup, not Cosplay.
 So what is Cosplay? 

Cosplay (コスプレ), short for "costume play", is a performance art in which participants wear costumes and accessories to represent a specific character or idea. Cosplayers often interact to create a subculture centered on role play. A broader use of the term cosplay applies to any costumed role play in venues apart from the stage, regardless of the cultural context.

Favorite sources include manga, anime, comic books, video games, and films. Any entity from the real or virtual world that lends itself to dramatic interpretation may be taken up as a subject. Inanimate objects are given anthropomorphic forms and it is not unusual to see genders switched, with women playing male roles and vice versa. There is also a subset of cosplay culture centered on sex appeal, with cosplayers specifically choosing characters that are known for their attractiveness and/or revealing costumes.
The Internet has enabled many cosplayers to create social networks and websites centered on cosplay activities, while forums allow cosplayers to share stories, photographs, news, and general information. The rapid growth in the number of people cosplaying as a hobby since 1990 has made the phenomenon a significant aspect of popular culture. This is particularly the case in Asia, where cosplay influences Japanese street fashion.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

 How am I different? 

I change the way I look because I  constantly changing the way I look  it's  I like looking different  I prefer making up something of my own instead of  a character  acting like I'm him or her


The Assignment

I have a group assignment  school for Authors' Day We have to choose an author to present at our booth  we all have a few weeks' time to prepare  Instead of the very much predicted authors of  Novels  from western countries My group decided to have our assignment on a image Manga image artist

We were told that we have to     that's why we thought of Cosplay  manga  We were only going to do an Author based on our costume options image We had a few but ended up with imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage because I could easily borrow the costumes We sent out invitations to  of the head of faculties  pasted posters on all the lifts the week before the   




The Authors' Day

I woke up   in the morning to do my makeup  It didn't take me long so I reached Shun Yee's dorm earlier than planned   I was comwhoring  usual routine  while waiting for her to get her hair  makeup done image then we went to the college together  It's only a short distance getting to the college  we had a few selfies on the way there 


juenavei:

faces.gif based on this Everyone was so lost when we reached  because we were super early  so we went to the th floor to change ourselves Here are some behind the scenes snaps It shows the importance of hair  eyebrows 

Here are some photos of Shun Yee  Joy Ei Before  after of Joy Ei 


We spent about an hour setting up our booth  making it look pretty  We were the last group to finish it but it looked  

Opps! No photo of the table but it was decorated as well!

May the war begin!
 Basically image Our job is to tell people about our author  image  image I've done enough explanation for one day image So I'm not going to talk about her here  Instead, here's the photo heavy part where all the selfies take over











I'm still human  I gotta eat too Pekky joined us when she finished work  Ru came to visit before she arrived  He got us our  

We had class afterwards image so our group packed up our things early 

I kinda freaked out the lecturer because of the hair  Joy Ei transformed back to human before class image  Spot her




Selfies with Joy Ei's phone 




Less Ciel, More Angel

I took more selfies when I got home  I changed expressions when I got bored of the emo Ciel face I know some Cosplayers call this  disrespecting  the characters but this is meimage

 


 Blue eyebrows Maybe I'll wear this makeup again some other day image



Today's Look
Ciel is a 13 year-old Brit and in case you haven't notice it, he's a boy. I'm cross dressing? Yes. In the world of Cosplay, eyebrows this thick is a no no, but I wanted this Ciel look to be a bit more different. Caucasians normally have fuller brows ( much fuller brows ) compared to anime and manga characters, so I made my brows thicker. Blue lenses to match his eyes and thick eyelashes because I can't let go of my love for the "dolly" look! No blush was used as Ciel doesn't have any ( the kid rarely smiles ) but I did heavy face contouring instead. P.S. Sebastian was wearing the same makeup!

image Glued-down Brows
image Blue Eyeshadow ( Brows )
image Super Angel Blue Lens 16.0mm
image Matte Brown Eyeshadow
image White Shimmer Powder ( Highlight )
image Black Eyelid Tape + Cat Liner
image Extended Cat Wing
image Fake crease and Fake bottom waterline with Black eyeliner
image Cross-type Flasies ( Upper Lashes )
image Ageha-style Falsies ( Lower Lashes )
image No blush, Extra facial contour and highlights
image Lightly Gradient Red Lips, No gloss


 I managed to borrow the costume from my cousin, Crystal. Big thanks to her for making the event perfect! Joy Ei's Sebastian costume was also borrowed from Eiland. A million thanks to her too!





image for visiting
 I got a Furby


No comments:

Ze's Lens Shop