Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday 22 December 2013

Angel at Comic Fiesta 2013


I've been waiting months for this event It's going to be my first time at  image The reason that I'm going to  is to do Yuli's makeup  So basically, I'm working  But of course, I won't be doing his makeup the entire day  I wasn't planning on staying there alone so I made plans  Not really plans But I got  to be with be throughout the event image  so

What is Comic Fiesta 

Comic Fiesta is Malaysia’s largest and longest-running animation, comics and games (ACG) convention. They take pride in celebrating all aspects of art and creativity, gathering at one location and sharing the magic with all members of society, both locally and internationally.

Responsible for ushering in the rapidly-expanding ACG community into Malaysia, Comic Fiesta is proudly an event by fans for fans. Comic Fiesta is the first and biggest non-profit convention of its kind in Malaysia, organised by a group of passionate individuals brought together by one common goal, and powered by a massive community of professionals, amateurs and enthusiasts of all age groups.  

Since its humble beginnings as a small exhibition at the Selangor Chinese Assembly Hall in 2002, Comic Fiesta has grown exponentially in both size and scope to become the premier ACG event in Malaysia. Comic Fiesta 2012 marked their tenth anniversary, and drew over 25,000 visitors.

 I cheated I copied it from their website  But what better way to explain it then Copy and Paste  And here are some links of 



Preparations

I confirmed that I was going to  in  had already knew what I wanted to go as but never took had the heart to prepare  So in the end  I had only  week's time to get everything ready Let's have a count down

Day 7  Saturday
Cut antlers and glue them to a hairband  Nothing major happened I sat at the same spot for  hours, had hot glue burn some furniture, got a back pain  almost gave up  In case you didn't get it, I'm being sarcastic  I got them done eventually but was way too tired to do anything else 

Day 6  Sunday
Find a coord for Decora  try out the accessories  I had a simple coord but a lot of accessoriesimage It took me an hour to prepare  pack everything image Other than packing, I prepped my wig too I curled my wig using straws, rubber bands  hot water  Here's a video of how The curling method  I couldn't tie the straws so I used rubber bands 




Day 5  Monday
I'm not going to lie I did absolutely nothing today  I should but I didn't

Day 4  Tuesday
I was  work the entire day so all I could do was  about what to wear on Day  as a deer image I was still at the point of thinking to wear either red as in image themes or full black 

Day 3  Wednesday
Blogged all day  But I got the wig out of the straws today They looked exactly how they did with the straws on  I know it doesn't show that way in the photo That's cause I separated the strands of hair into smaller sectionsimage I turned out very different than what I expected image But it was fine for the look I was going for  And  the wig is not for Jacky


Day 2  Thursday
Last chance to go buy stuff Alice  I headed to IOI Mall because I had to get something for my costume on Day  We went to DAISO  I got some shawl scarf thingy along  some falsies

Day 1  Friday
I got some bad news while I was having  today image Ru said that he had to work during  He said that he could only be there till after I'm done with Yuli's makeup  I was gonna be with him throughout the entire event  this happened . What was I supposed to do after Yuli's makeup is done

Worst day of all Alice  I are going to sleep over  Crystal My cousin's place as I have to do her makeup  go to  together  And all I have to do is to pack go but sadly, I find  of the antlers coming off from the hairband I glued it back on within an hour's time but then the hairband snapped into  image Really I mean like, life, really I was all stressed out  helped me glued the antlers onto a new hairband  But the position of the antlers were slightly changed image And it is now even more difficult to move my head image

I didn't think thins through when I was packing my bags image I just threw in whatever that came across my sight that I felt I needed  I also braided my hair in the afternoon to same time on curling my hair the next morning   

Alice  I waited for Carmen  Venessa to come to our house then  fetched us to Crystal's place at night image And we reloaded our Touch N' Go cards too 



Comic Fiesta  Day 1

Today I woke up at  image That's a new record image I had  hours of sleep but I was so excited about today that my adrenaline juices kept me pumped up Did that even make sense image Reasons that I woke up this early 
 Do my makeup
image Figure out a way to get my hair done
 Do Crystal's makeup
 Get ready to go do Yuli's makeup

It was madness that morning imageI managed to scare the hell out of my uncle twice  I drew on my legs with eyeliner To cover up my scars  Got my hair done over  over again cause it just didn't feel right The new antlers were in a very different position from when I first made it  So it was even harder for me to move my head Time flew when I was getting myself into  mode  I was already late for doing Crystal's makeup image But it went well in the end  it took less time than I thought  We left Crystal's place slightly later than expected  a lot of drama happened while we're trying to get me in the car  Antler problems I had to take off my antlers after minutes in the car trunk I couldn't stand it

The designs I drew on my legs. Can you see my scars?
Crystal's makeup! She's going as Ciel Phantomhive!
It was when we got on the  that I realised I don't have Yuli's phone number image FACE PALM image I tried searching for his number through our old FaceBook conversations  But I couldn't find his number anywhere Then I realised that I had his number in my phone the while time  False alarm I called him up when I found his number to let him know that I was  to  Guess what I found out He didn't have my number either   
The first thing we did  the convention centre was finding a way in cause Yuli was already waiting inside  I was late  When we were all lost, confused  undecided Ru found me  But he had to go find his friend image  So we found out where the end of the line is It was the longest line I've ever been in image While we were on our way to the end, we took a break  Carmen took some photos 


I had no idea... 

After the short break, we continued our journey to find the end of the line  Moments after we reached our  destination  Yuli found us I should've taken photos of the line  It was like staring at the Great Wall of China 

 Remember when Ru went off to find his friend He found more than just his friend  He found a way in All we had to do was show our wristbands   And so image We traveled to the entrance all the way from the other end of the universe image 

I set up a spot near the entrance to do Yuli's makeup image Ru was with me the whole time  so was Crystal Several minutes later image Crystal found her friends  went off with them image In the making of Yuli's face  I found out that the job Ru had to leave for was   itself  I was so glad but so confused at the same time image Yay I'm not going to be alone

It took about an hour to get Yuli's makeup doneimage Carmen  I wanted to go out to the park to take some photos after I'm done with my job  But then I had to take some photos for Yuli  So the plan was delayed image 

By the time we finished shooting Yuli  It was  timeimage Ru  I weren't hungry but Yuli was about to faint  Seriously, broimage We went looking for food all the way to Deco-mail pictograms EnglishDeco-mail pictograms EnglishDeco-mail pictograms EnglishDeco-mail pictograms English's food courts but ended up coming back to the convention centre image It was very tiring  Yuli still had  food 
After the long search for food image Yuli went his own way to find food while I was off with Ru  It was then that I realised  of the antlers came off I took them off while we were on our way to  imageimageimageimage Ru  I spent some time together, checked out the booth he was working for  Then headed to the food court He wanted to eat 

We found a spot  miracle  Ru went to the line to get food while I sat  waited  waited  waited  suddenly image I saw a familiar face Well, I don't know his name  All I know is that he's my senior  It's rare for me to recognize people Even till now, I can't remember all my relatives' names  Back to the story image I asked to see if it was him  I turned out to sound like a stalker image This is more or less the conversation 
 Me : Hey, are you from S.M.K. Seksyen 1 Bandar Kinrara

 Him : Yea... Who are you

 Me : I'm Angel and I'm your junior

 Him : Um... 

 Me : We've never talked before and I don't know your name
 Him : I'll just give you my FB profile *Takes out pen and paper* 

 Me : You work at AEON, IOI Mall right

 Him : Yes... Um... We'll talk after this. Bye *runs off* 

 Me : I think I scared him

And I still don't know his name image I think this is the scariest I've ever bee to anybody image And a few minutes later  Ru came back  a bowl of noodles  orange juiceimage Which he got for me image  Enough with that stupid face  While I was halfway eating image Ru's friends came image Then we chatted for a while  my phone ran out of battery  Thank God Ru was there to lend me his phone image 

It was already   we had to go We're having a family reunion dinner with grandpa Ru sent me to the exit  off we go to the  station 

As I didn't get to take much special photos by Carmen image the only thing we could do was camwhore as much as we can on the train I borrowed Venessa's camera  started taking loads of photos of myself  also some with Alice  While I was doing that  Carmen was also taking photos of us being silly from across the seats 




We got down from the train  headed to     as Crystal was going to have  with her friends there  Before    picked us up, we had some Purikura


I left my antler's with my aunt ( Crystal's mum )

Halfway decorating the Purikura image called  told us that they're waiting  the entrance  Alice  I ruched to the car  we went off straight away to the restaurant  The original plan was to go home  shower first but as we're already late  a caveman  a lolita ish sailor is going to join them for   I had on very unusual makeup so  told me to take it off in the car All I used was a piece of wet tissue to clean my entire face 

At the restaurant image My eyes were starting to get irritating  I wore he same pair of lens for  hours  I had no choice but to take them out  now I can't see things clearly Here's a selfie of Alice  I looking all pooped out


We went home after the   Alice  I showered  cleaned ourselves then  sent us back to Crystal's place Since Crystal's legs were hurting really badly image she decided no to Cosplay on Day 2 Which also mean I get  more hour of sleep 

TOADY'S LOOK

 EOS 323 Brown Lens
 White Eyeshadow on Lids, Lower Waterline and Under Eye Area
 Matte Brown Gradient Eyeshadow above Drawn on Crease
 Black Eyeliner for Upper & Lower Eyelids and New Crease
 Brown Eyeliner for Dots
 Black Eyeliner for Ivy Designs 
 Four sets of Dramatic Falsies
 One pair of Upper Lashes for the Lower Lashes
 Gold Glitter all over Brow Bone and Cheek Bones
 Brown Eyeliner for the Lips
 No Blush
 Gel Liner for the Brows




I didn't want to bring a bag, but I had no pockets!


I get more sleep last night image Much more than what I planned I was going to wake up   but my aunt came over to our room     it was then that I woke up image

I rushed  got ready in time to leave the house earlier than Day  Plus image  Car trunk today  We met up with Ru  the  station today  went to the event together He could stand, holding on to nothing  won't fall  What sorcery is this Anyway image here's a photo of us  The ones who came to CF together  

Yen Nong, Alice, Ru, Carmen, me ( le white ghost ), Crystal and Venessa
The Cosplayers are pointing at Carmen! LOL!!

We met up with Yuli  a cafe inside the event hall He was all dressed in his Kimono  Yukata  when we saw himimage I had to leave with Carmen when I was done with Yuli's makeup today image so I told him so before I began doing his makeup  he said  to it As I was doing Yuli's makeup image Carmen, Venessa, Andy  Eugene popped up  decided to watch me do his makeup  Not really  but they were hanging out around us  In the end image Yuli asked if he could join us  Carmen said 

After I was done with his makeup image We went outside to snap some photos  Ru stayed in because he had to work  

Jacky wasn't ready...

Jacky didn't want to talk to me because I didn't tell him to look at the camera!

Here's me telling Jacky to be a good boy~

Love and Cuddles!

Jacky: " There?" Angel: "Yup.... Look at the sracy lady!!!! Meep!"
PLOT TWIST
Jacky: " Look! " Angel: " Eeewww.. Carmen!! "
I'm kidding! But she was the one Jacky was pointing to...

The only portrait LOL



Jacky was already tired and didn't want to look at Carmen!

That awkward moment when your makeup artist decides to attack you with a stuffed animal!

We met up with Alice, Yen Nong  Crystal  after snapping a few shots  And off to  we go image Yuli was still going with us  It was kinda awkward because I was talking to the others the entire time image  one was talking to Yuli   to   Someone asked to take my photo  And of course I said   What's so special about this someone Well, he's the only  gave me his name card after taking my photo  And for that I think he deserves a little mention here  His name is ‎ساهل ساگر‎  here are the links 

 image PROFILE 
 image PAGE 
Comic Fiesta Day 1 Album
Comic Fiesta Day 2 Album

We went all the way to  for lunch image lucky us  we found a spot at the cafeteria  It wasn't easy image It was  hour Imagine all the people image Just thinking about it is scary image I'm not scared of people image but let's just say that you could drown in the people there   I wasn't hungry but I had some fries with Carmen  Crystal then Alice shared a nugget with me because she couldn't finish her food In the meantime image I was camwhoring with Venessa's camera

There were way more photos than just he 2 here! 

Alright so after  image We had more camera time outside

As soon as I did this pose, people started taking pictures and it was so awkward!

I should've been a doe here! 
We will eat your soul!! Jacky: " RUN!! They mean it!!"

The  was out  i was getting hot So we went under a bridge  things started to get  when we started jumping  running because Crystal's camera could stabilize photos 
\

Alice is about to bus some B-Boy move and I look like "meh~"!

   
Here are a couple of GIFs! 
The first one is just me laughing hysterically and the second was me walking, skipping and laughing!

DONE! All my energy has been drained out.
 It doesn't seem like we took a lot of photos here but if you wanna see more of what had happened image You can check out Alice's  and here are the links

image  DAY 1  image      image  DAY 2  image

Oh yeah! I forgot to mention that Ru was still missing till now!
The moment we got back into the event hall image Yuli was missing  Then I went to Ru while the rest went their way Ru let me try out  of the games  their booth but I have no idea what it was called  After that, Ru was with me  checked out the stuff that were sold there  I instantly fell in love with a stall which sold       accessories It was filled with  kawaiiness  even the stall keepers were dressed up  I went walking for  whole round before I bought anything image In the end image I lost it  's stall  it's the Fairy-kei booth  Here's a link to their  page image Click here to the page! image

Got a necklace,  a hair clip / broach, ring, a free badge and their name card!
A little while later  we left the event as it was time to go For today image Eugene Andy are going to the  station together with us image Ru had some things to do so he said to go on without him On our way to the station image Ru caught up to us I wasn't surprise image We kept stopping  looking at stuff  I thought he found us because of my big fat fro but it wasn't  He said it was because he saw Alice Anyways image Off to the station we go

Eugene had to reload his Touch N' Go card when we got to the station  While we're waiting image I saw a little girl smiling  pointing at me to her   The mum wasn't very happy  walked away with her but the little girl kept turning her head back image so I smiled  waved at her The look on her face was priceless image Looking the way I want to look to bringing joy to others feels awesome And how I wish it was the same with other people 

It was packed like crazy in the trainimage But after a few station image We managed to get ourselves seated    solo camwhoring because I already had a round of that  the cafeteria so I took some photos with Ru  

Once again image  Venessa for lending me your camera 

Try to catch up with the story!

We went back our separate ways Alice, Carmen, Venessa  I was going back to Crystal's house to pack  leave





Day 1 VS Day 2

Me!


Angel and Alice being Angel and Alice

My creation: Yuli

Angel and Yuli

Attacks


From other photographers
Day 1: Foxfoo Photography
Day 2: Limelight Fotography



I've learned a lot of things through  this year  of course image I had a lot of fun
 for visiting my blog 

No comments:

Ze's Lens Shop