Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday 29 August 2013

Purikura: Mini Reviews on Purikura Booths



Mini Purikura Machine Review 

Ratings for best overall Purikura machines 

 Mero Mero 2 ( XOXO 2 )

 PROS 
This booth enlarges the eyes the best out of all 6 booths in this review.

This booth doesn't make your skin appear yellow-ish! It makes it pinkish instead.

It is the same size as Akogare Baby 3 but it's photos are bigger.

Special Collage feature available.

Hademe and Natural eye modes available.

 CONS 
There's nothing much I can think of. It's an overall awesome machine.


*PuriPix photos unavailable*

 Akogare Baby 3

 PROS 
This one is the only one I've tried so far that can collage all the Purikura into one. 

This booth doesn't make your skin appear yellow-ish! It makes it pinkish instead and super fair.

Special Collage feature available.

Hademe and Natural eye modes available.

 CONS 
The size of it's photos are ridiculously small. 

It costs a bit more than the other 3 booths.




*PuriPix photos unavailable*

 Bijou Cosme 3

 PROS 
It makes your eyes look rounder, meaning more kawaii. 

You can choose fake eyelsahes to put on your Purikura.

It's also the only that can change your hair colour. ( You have to do it manually )

Hademe and Natural eye modes available.

 CONS 
Your skin will appear yellowish.


*PuriPix photos unavailable*

 CUBE 003

 PROS 
It can be found just about everywhere.  

The eyes look big but still natural.

 CONS 
Your skin will appear yellowish.


PuriPix photos


 Neko to Hyou 3 ( Sweet Kitty and Cool Panther 3 )

 PROS 
It's facial shading is super effective.

It blackens the eyes very well.

It's also the only that can change your hair colour. ( You have to do it manually )

 CONS 
The lighting isn't bright enough. When taking from a side angle, the side of your face further from the lights will look darker.

Inability to detect to eyes at time.


PuriPix photos
image       

Photos used here are scanned with my printer unless stated ( PuriPix ).

image



Ratings for each of the machines of each place 

 Bijyo Cosme 3  Mid Valley MegaMall
       Beautiful lighting and photos. My eyes are detected almost all the time. It has PuriPix
       and it allows me to download the special vertical photo of the day. You can't get this
       photo without PuriPix. There's a bit of vandalism but it's alright.

 MeroMero 2  Mid Valley MegaMall
        My all time favourite machine. It's lighting is beautiful, wonderful sizes, amazing eye
        enlargement. The only thing that's in the way is that it doesn't have PuriPix photos
        available for download and that it's vandalized.

 Akogare Baby 3  e@Curve and Mid Valley MegaMall
        I'm just in love with the way it makes my skin look and I love that it detected my eyes 
        from far. The collaging effect is also another reason for why I'm putting this booth at
        top 3.

 CUBE 003  IOI Mall
        I don't have much trouble with this machine. It's also the first I've tried in years after
        the Purikura centre at 1 Utama closed down! Also, it's one of the nearest to my house.
        and PuriPix is available with this machine.

 Sweet Kitty and Cool Panther 3  IOI Mall
        The outcome of the photos are alright. It gets a spot here because it's also near to my
        house too.

 Bijyo Cosme 3  Main Place
        It doesn't have PuriPix, but despite that, it's a good machine, and it takes lovely pictures
        as well. 

 Bijyo Cosme 3  e@Curve
        I just love it's effects that aren't found in CUBE 0003 and Sweet Kitty Cool Panther.
        Choosing the size of my eyes and Colouring my hair is super fun to mess with! It doesn't
        have PuriPix though and it's pretty far away from where I live.

 CUBE 003  Times Square
        It's not much different from CUBE 003 at IOI Mall. The reason it's here is because it's
        very far away from where I stay. I haven't been to this booth for a long time now so I'm
        not sure if PuriPix is available there or whether there's bad vandalism on the machine.

image       

Most of the Purikura Machines have about the same outcome. But please do try and avoid CUBE 003 and Sweet Kitty and Cool Panther at 1 Utama. They have the worst quality.
image


2 comments:

Warin El Belzebub said...

May I know where is the purikura booth located at in main place usj?

Unknown said...

It's located in Molly Fantasy. The green coloured arcade.

Ze's Lens Shop