Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday 14 October 2015

14th October 2015 - Takakurazome Novice Collection Prize Giving Ceremony at Parkamaya


Parkamaya is the latest Asian Fashion Retail Concept Store with a difference; the home of the coolest and quirkiest brands from style of capitals in Asia.

In parkamaya, nothing is conventional and mainstream rules just don’t apply. Are you game enough to hang out here?

Parkamaya is located at:
3rd Floor, fahrenheit88, 
179 Jalan Bukit Bintang, 
55100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia


Some time ago, Alice, Avery and I attended Parkamaya's Takakurazome Kyoto Art for Charity Workshop. The art maestro himself, Mr. Takakura, was there to demonstrate his methods of shibuki and sponging! We had a blast (Literally a blast cause I almost splatted paint on him) and we even made a new friend then.

At the same time, a contest was going on. Mr. Takakura was going to hand pick 5 designs to be featured in the new collection. All the participants at the workshops were eligible to enter the contest and there were even entries that were submitted online! A lot of the designs were really cool!

In the end, on this day, the winners of the contest were brought together to Parkamaya for the prize giving ceremony where the first place winner was announced! *P.S. The winner gets a hand-made piece selected by Mr. Takakura!*  The media was there too and my family came along to support me. We were even in a black dress code, including Ru!




The set up was beautiful and our pieces were on display there too! I felt really happy, but my mom was even more overwhelmed than I was. Coffee Stain also provided some light snacks for the event. They were neatly displayed, and best of all, they tasted awesome!

*Craving for their magically addictive cupcakes now*


The event started off with Mark as our emcee. He announced the winners one by one and interviewed all of us. I was announced as the grand prize winner and I got a turquoise scarf which matched my OOTD!



Congratulations to all of us!

My mom was even more excited than me. She bought one of every design and got us to sign them!


After our exciting morning at Parkmaya, we went for a round two of shopping at Kenanga Wholesale City!

- FIN -

Selfies and Wefies






No comments:

Ze's Lens Shop