Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday 26 November 2015

Angel's Journey on Becoming a Maid for La Petite Fox Cafe 2015 - Part 1

Why meido?

Way back in AFA 2012, Alice wanted to join the maid cafe there and me to join with her too. But for some reason that I don't remember, we didn't even try to get in. Years after, Comic Fiesta announced that they are finally after having thier own maid butler cafe, La Petite Fox Cafe. As a promise I made to my sister 3 years ago, we submitted our forms and prayed very hard that we would get selected.

Getting Selected


Some time after our submissions, we got an e-mail that informed us of a Skype interview with Grace, whom we have no idea who it is. I got interviewed first and was nervous deep inside. Grace turned out to be a really cute, friendly person! She asked me a few questions and I tried really hard to "sell myself" to her in hopes of becoming a maid in the cafe. A few days later, it was Alice's turn to get interviewed! It went well too, but we were;t sure of how the other auditions were.

And some more time later, we got another e-mail that called us to CFHQ (Comic Fiesta Head Quarters) for a face-to-face interview. In this interview, we were required to perform some sort of talent to the people in charge. I spent some time thinking about it and I went on with performing Caramelldensen.

Ru drove me and Alice to CFHQ where we saw some Chinese dude, a hairy guy, some chick with pink and then some Chinese girl that came out of the interviewing room, whom we assume were getting interviewed too. Oh, and also Tofu the cat which was scared of me because I was wearing cat ears and maybe she thought I was  a giant ass cat. The girl with pink hair went in for the interview before us and Ru was voluntarily role-played as a customer for her interview. Afterwards, it was Alice's turn and I was the last one.  And so, I did the dance, but during the interview, I also sang a short clip of Adele's Rolling In the Deep and drew Alison, another person who was judging the maids. The interview went on for quite some time and we even got to know each other more. Time flew and it was already around 8pm. So we bid Grace and Alison farewell and headed off to IOI Mall to join my family for dinner~

One morning, I woke up and received another e-mail for Grace, I got selected! I shook Alice up from her sleep and she was in too! We confirmed our slots for the minimum 3 sessions. But in the end, we went to all of them!

Training

Training 1 @ 7/11/2015

As we were informed that pictures taken during our training sessions would be disclosed to the internet, so I got dressed up. And since it's the first training session, I went with a more subtle look. We met a lot of guys and a girl, Sachi. It is also the day that I found out that it's a maid AND butler cafe! After all that time, I finally found out... It's the first training session and everyone was still quite quiet and shy, but we all shared some info about ourselves to each other and started opening up ourselves. After training, some of us went yum-cha-ing (hanging out), but Alice and I went back home, and promised to join the yum cha session for the next time we meet. Since there weren't many girls today, Alice wanted to go to the next training session to make more friends. I'm not gonna go into detail about the agenda of the training sessions because I think that it should remain private and confidential, but hey, enjoy my selfie LOL!

Training 2 @ 9/11/2015

Finally! Females! We saw the 2 girls that we met during the interview and I sat next to Chi, a girl with semi pink hair! But still, we're in that not so much talking stage... So here's me and Alice!


Training 3 @ 12/11/2015

Still more or less the same people that we've met so far and did pretty much the same things as the first 2 training sessions today, but we went out to yum cha tonight! We went to a very noisy mamak and I couldn't finish my food *cry*...


Training 4 @ 14/11/2015

It's week 2 of training and Alice and I are still having full attendance so far! We had to attend today's  training with our decided hair and makeup for the cafe, however, I had to was too tired to get my hair and makeup done. I had a long shoot from the morning till the afternoon so I didn't dress up much, in fact, it's the first time they saw me in my real hair! And yes, we met even more people today too! 

Training 5 @ 16/11/2015


Since I didn't show up with hair and makeup during the last training session, I did it today! Alice and I went to Midvalley Mega Mall before going to CFHQ. During our time heading to HQ, the jam was killer and we got directed to the LRT station instead of HQ. But it was my bad cause I typed in the train station instead of HQ's address. In the end, we ended up arriving late, but we were not the only ones!

At the end of today's training, we went around town to do some research on drinks for the cafe's menu~



Training 6 @ 19/11/2015

Training was training today and afterwards, our yum cha session was dedicated to celebrate Rin's birthday! He's turning one year older at the strike of midnight! We went to Wings Music Cafe for dinner/supper and chose a song for the live band to sing for Rin! Coincidentally, there was another birthday boy from across the room too! Rin made friends with him and got a slice of cake too~




Training 7 @ 21/11/2015

More training, more love!Today's yum cha session was at Sakae Sushi, Paradigm Mall!




Training 8 @ 23/11/2015

Going for a different look today... Not very pretty, not very happy with it, but hey, we're get 2 rounds of yum cha!



Training 9 @ 26/11/2015

Today was the day that (almost) everyone came late! Alice and I were celebrating my grandpa and grandma's birthday some where far far away!



That's all from our timetable schedule, but it wasn't the end...

No comments:

Ze's Lens Shop