Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday 16 March 2016

Angel's Trip to Langkawi - Day 1

The Unexpected Expected Arrangement

Where do we begin?... Let's start at June 2015, where Marilyn invited us (Ru and I) to join her and her boyfriend on a vacay to Langkawi! The plane tickets were super cheap that time, so... YOLO! We bought them without telling our families!


The Airport

After a long wait and some drama, we made it! As usual, I got up at dawn to do my makeup and we arrived at the airport by 8am, where I finish off the rest of my makeup with bottom lashes, lipstick and lip gloss. Meanwhile, the rest of us had our breakfast. I had Special K on our way to the airport so I passed on McDonald's breakfast!


Our flight was delyed by 40 minutes to 10.40am. With all that extra time in had, I had time to do everyone's makeup! Even guy liner for Young, Marilyn's boyfriend. We also tooks dozens of selfies and wefies, had ice cream and took random videos~ Here's one of them!



Can you spot the ice cream?


My beret went totally out of place, but anyways... This is us on our way to the plane!



On the plane!

I took the window seat by the wing. I thought it was cool to get to see the wing at first, but then realized that it's actually blocking the view.. THE ENTIRE VIEW! But at least I got really good selfie lighting and saw how the wing "cut" the clouds!






Arrival

We made it! Every selfie I try to take with the plane was a fail and this is the best shot I had...


Wefies while looking for our ride at Langkawi International Airport.


On the way to the hotel, Season Inn... Not to self: Don't be the person at the end of the picture...



Lunch

We made it! After dropping off our stuff at the hotel, we went for some seafood nearby. I don't remember the restaurant's name (I'm sorry!) But the food was really good and I liked it (I usually don't like the Chinese style of eating rice, but I approve of this!) Plus, as the location is not set as a major tourist attraction, the prices were even cheaper!



SkyCab and SkyBridge

Now we're off to the first stop of the day! The SkyCab, which leads to the Sky Bridge! We arrived early and booked tickets at 4.00pm, which gave us some extra time to walk around. Luckily there are some other shops and available there!


We went into Chocohauz for a break from the Sun. Marilyn ordered a very mini waffle~ It was only RM8!



On the way to the SkyCab!


Lining up inside~


We rented some binoculars for the ride, but they turned out to be pretty pointless because there wasn't much to see other than mountains of trees and the ocean.


Us, in our tiny little space!


We're at the top (sort of) of the mountain! And on the way to the bridge!



Pictures on the bridge~




Waterless Waterfall

One of our intended stops in Langkawi was ti visit this waterfall! It was very dried up when we visited due to the screeching hot weather... We took a few pictures here then left for the beach.





The Beach! ... And around Chenang

After the disappointing trip to the waterfall, we went around looking for nearby beaches. The Sun was about to set and it was a race against time. We went to 2 beaches but we felt very "haram" cause most of the people there were Muslims and we felt that our attire was rather inappropriate and it would be rude for us to go there.

In the end, we went to Pantai Chenang, one of the main tourist attractions in Lankawi! It's not hard to tell why, their sand is so soft, you'd just want to hug it! (Not literally, but yea, it's soft!) The Sun was already setting when we arrived and with no time to spare, Ru and I started taking pictures! I'm gonna leave a few here~






We changed at Chenang Mall after the beach and bought some chocolates there too! Then we had dinner nearby, but I don't remember what was the restaurant called... (This is why I don't blog about food)


After dinner, we went back to the hotel and we reached around midnight and passed out on the bed...

No comments:

Ze's Lens Shop